Clover in debian packages

Hi,

	I'm doing some debian java packages but i see that some of them use
clover to compile. Clover isn't free but gives you a license if your
project is opensource. Should i remove dependencies in build.xml to
compile without clover? I'm following this, but i don't know if i'm
right.

	Is there a debian-java IRC channel to ask questions in real-time?
Normally debian developers don't know java packaging particularities.

Greetings
--
Jorge Pérez Burgos
Adaptia Soluciones Integrales