Re: tomcat-users.xml

Caoilte O'Connor wrote:

Does anyone else find that tomcat-users.xml gets deleted every time they upgrade tomcat4?

Someone told my that tomcat-users.xml got overwritten in past releases, but I have never heard of it being deleted. Can you reproduce this with the latest version? If so, please file a bug report.

Should I have the file in
/usr/share/tomcat4/conf/ (which i do now)

It should be in /var/lib/tomcat4/conf (but /usr/share/tomcat4/conf/ is a symlink to this directory).

or
/etc/tomcat4/

tomcat-users.xml has been there in past releases but I had to change this because tomcat-users.xml is not really a configuration file (like Samba's smbpasswd file).

Stefan