Re: Which libre alternatives to javamail, java activation framework, jwsdp exist? [long]

Hi Karl,

Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:

Thus, as I see it (IANAL, TINSTAAFL, TTFN, etc) we (the Gentoo project,
but I suspect this will hold for at least Debian as well) are not able
to redistribute these products as currently licensed. Does anbody know
of suitable replacements?

So far, I have found:
) GNU javamail - replaces Sun javamail
) GNU JAF - replaces SUN JAF
  (both are part of GNU classpathx)

) JWSDP consists of
 # JavaServer Faces (JSF)

http://www.marinschek.com/myfaces/tiki/tiki-index.php (LGPL)

 # XML and Web Services Security

Oh, I first thought that was about SPKI/SDSI, for which a free software implementation exists: http://jsdsi.sourceforge.net/index.html

But that seems to be basically about using https with JAX-RPC. And for that you can use Apache Axis: http://ws.apache.org/axis/ or possible Apache XML-RPC: http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/

 # Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB)

JaxME from Apache: http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/

 # Java API for XML Processing (JAXP) -> GNU JAXP
# Java API for XML Registries (JAXR)

I think the Apache JUDDI project will include some JAXR implementation. http://ws.apache.org/juddi/ . But there is also http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/ which seems to include some jaxr implementation according to google.

# Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC)

Axis :)

 # SOAP with Attachements API for Java (SAAJ)

I think http://www.amberarcher.org/ should have it. Axis possibly too.

 # JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL)

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/

 # Java WSDP Registry Server
 # WS-I Supply Chain Management Sample Application

I don;t have time to google something up right now :(

cheers,
dalibor topic