Which libre alternatives to javamail, java activation framework, jwsdp exist? [long]

Hi folks.

I have many packages that indirectly depend on these products (and
indeed other sun products), but from reading the Sun license, I cannot
package these products as currently licensed from Sun.

For instance, the javamail license says:

   "... Sun
   grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable,
   limited license to reproduce and distribute the
   Software in binary code form only, provided that
   you

(i) distribute the Softwarre complete and
   unmodified and only bundled as part of your
   Programs,

- I think we pass this one, except that we change the paths where the
  packages are installed.

 (ii) do not distribute additional
   software intended to replace any component(s) of
   the Software,

- thus, we cannot redistribute competing projects, which is unacceptable.

   (iii) do not remove or alter any
   proprietary legends or notices contained in the
   Software,

- fair enough

   (iv) only distribute the Software
   subject to a license agreement that protects Sun's
   interests consistent with the terms contained in
   this Agreement, and

- possibly. we redistribute it under the same license, however we don't
  have one governing license for the entire Gentoo project that protects
  Sun.

   (v) agree to defend and
   indemnify Sun and its licensors from and against
   any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement
   amounts and/or expenses (including attorneys'
   fees) incurred in connection with any claim,
   lawsuit or action by any third party that arises
   or results from the use or distribution of any and
   all Programs and/or Software.

- nope. we don't have a cent in our warchest, much less one to use to
  protect Sun.

Thus, as I see it (IANAL, TINSTAAFL, TTFN, etc) we (the Gentoo project,
but I suspect this will hold for at least Debian as well) are not able
to redistribute these products as currently licensed. Does anbody know
of suitable replacements?

So far, I have found:
) GNU javamail - replaces Sun javamail
) GNU JAF - replaces SUN JAF
  (both are part of GNU classpathx)

) JWSDP consists of
 # JavaServer Faces (JSF)
 # XML and Web Services Security
 # Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB)
 # Java API for XML Processing (JAXP) -> GNU JAXP
 # Java API for XML Registries (JAXR)
 # Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC)
 # SOAP with Attachements API for Java (SAAJ)
 # JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL)
 # Java WSDP Registry Server
 # WS-I Supply Chain Management Sample Application

Here I really have no clue apart from GNU JAXP. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Karl T