Re: Co-maintaining Kaffe

elijah wright wrote:
You simply making Arnaud the official maintainer sounds like a good idea.
Several people have mentioned that it is "a nice thing" to leave you as
the maintainer because this is your "last debian package", but i submit
that that *has* to cease to be an issue if you're not going to participate
in the community and in the development of the package that you are
(supposedly) responsible for.

Last time I looked, there is a whole slew of packages that are O:, RFA: or RFP: that would *not* require the attention that Kaffe requires. Ean could certainly pick any of those or package a new one of whatever. I really think that would be best for both Kaffe and Ean (less stress?).

I really, really think that we need to have some sort of a proper process for this type of thing without people getting pissed off. This process should also be put in the debian policy; a sort of a virtual court ("I plead not guilty about not fixing my RC bugs!" :) We could have a jury of random DD (20 or so) that would actually vote if the maintainer should be changed or not.

- Adam