Re: eight packages could possibly go to main!

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

I've been working on the MovingJavaToMain page[1] and it seems that
eight packages could possibly go to main:

Good work, thanks!

I just managed to build libxerces2-java with Kaffe and Jikes. I had to use an ugly hack because Kaffe's wrapper does not allow to override $BOOTCLASSPATH but it seems to work. Building the documentation still requires Xalan2-J and an XSLT stylebook from Xerces-Tools so I've split the source package into libxerces2-java (main) and libxerces2-java-doc (contrib). This also avoids a circular build dependency with libxalan2-java. Furthermore, I had to create two new packages which are required to build libxerces2-java: libjaxp1.2-java and libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java. Both have also been uploaded to main.

I now hope that I can build Xalan-J with tools available in main. I might also have to split the source package but if this means that gjdoc can finally get back to main, it's well worth it.

Stefan