Which Distro?

Hello all,
           Iam new to Debain & this great community. Now Iam working as a Information Security engineer. My domain of Work will be in C, C++, Java & Linux, Windows. We majorly do Implementation of Cryptographic algorithms, Network packet analyzers, Vulnerability assessment etc... So i wud like to know how far Debian will be useful to me in Development environment. I need the entire nuts & bolts usefuls of Debian. nybody here to help me?