Functional Java Plugin for Mozilla in SID?

Is there any Java plugin that works for mozilla or mozilla-firebird in
sid?

I've tried the latest plugin from Sun (1.4.2) but no luck: the
ns610-gcc32 version crashes both moz and firebird whenever I go to a page
that has any Java content; the ns610 and ns4 versions don't show up as
plugins at all.  I've also tried older versions, including the j2re1.2
Debian packages that used to be available, with no luck.

I'm using mozilla-browser 2:1.6-1 and mozilla-firebird 0.7-7. I've also
tried with firebird nightlies.

If there's another Debian list that is more appropriate, please let me
know.
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam