Re: [kaffe] Re: bugwatcher problems

Hi Ean,

Ean Schuessler wrote:
As I recall (Dalibor will need to correct me here) forking a process with pthreads just plain doesn't work. The details escape me at this point other than the complexities of managing the relationship between the thread and the forked process hadn't really been worked out. Of course, this is going back to when I talked to Tim Wilkinson about the problem. For all I know, its fixed.

Is it fixed? If not, enabling pthreads will break many, many Ant builds.

Frankly, I don't know, I haven't hacked on kaffe's pthreads threading, so I can't claim to know much about it :(

The last thread on pthreads and kaffe I found [1] mentions that stuff like wait & run works fine with java threads under pthreads. The FAQ.pthreads still says that exec/fork/wait doesn't work, so it may mean Runtime.exec, I guess.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2002-June/039992.html