Re: Problem with tomcat4 using java security manager

Forrest Cahoon wrote:

Something that strikes me as really odd is that there is only the file 04webapps.policy in the directory /etc/tomcat4/policy.d. Am I missing another policy file that's supposed to go in that directory?

You are missing 4 of them, the missing entries that you have manually added are there:

> dpkg -L tomcat4 | grep policy.d/

You need to re-install the tomcat4 package with "dpkg -i --confmiss" so the missing conffiles will be installed. Or you can purge tomcat4 and "apt-get install" it again, but you'll lose your configuration in this case.