Jan's policy proposal, was Re: bugwatcher problems

Jan Schulz wrote:

The 'suggested' way was: wait for sarge, do another discussion, do the
implementation and then decide on the proposal. Seems that Stefan took
some of the ideas and weent for his own proposal (Stefan, may I ask,
why you didn't say something at that time?). Anyway, there is
currently no way to do something else than

I was away when you posted your proposal (I told you this) and when I returned there were over 30 mails on this topic (and 300 on other topics which are relevant for me). I still have not managed to read them all since I can't just read them in a hurry: I need to think a lot about the possible effects and maybe try them on my own packages.

Could you give a talk about your proposal at FOSDEM so we can discuss this there?

I've read a few mails and think I have an idea about what you proposed. I might be completely wrong here but I think my two proposals about library dependencies and the path for application JARs don't affect your proposal at all. Otherwise I would not have proposed them. I just noticed some inconsistencies and problems while packaging Ant 1.6 and Tomcat 4.1.29 which I'd like to see solved.

Stefan