Re: Kaffe in testing

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

Is FTBFS a security bug? I don't think so? But kaffe is not in testing

not because this bug tagged 'WOODY'! I don't think it's a problem.

I was wondering about that. Should I just close that bug and mark it "won't fix" or something? I mean, the fix won't go into stable anyway since it isn't security related, right? So why fix it?

Kaffe is currently marked remove and would not go into testing, but if 1.1.2 fixed both RC bugs, it could be accepted back, right? What is the procedure for that?
I think if all the bugs from kaffe are resolved (by the 1.1.2 upload and
some work on the man page), and if we wait for ten days (and got not
more bugs), we can ask ftpmaster to put kaffe in testing with an
explanation about the bug tagged 'woody' does not affect the current
release.

I'm going to go ahead and upload 1.1.2. We'll see what it fixes.

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Chief Technology Officer                           214-720-0700 x 315
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com