Re: Eclipse-Backport for Woody

Il Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:10:39 +0100, Christian Stalp ha scritto:

> Hello there,
> does anybody know where I can get a Eclipse-Backport for Woody? Or does
> anybody here made this by himself?

I just downloaded the latest Eclipse archive (no Debian packages),
untarred and it works fine. The only problem is that when you run Eclipse,
by default it tries to create the workspace in the current directory. This
means that if you untarred the archive in /usr/local and are executing as
a normal user, you will have a problem. Therefore I created a
little bash script in /usr/local/bin so that the workspace will be created
in the user's directory:

#!/bin/bash

ECLIPSE_HOME="/usr/local/eclipse"
WORKSPACE="$HOME/.eclipse/workspace"