Re: JAVA_HOME and ant

Hallo Jan,

--- Jan Schulz <jasc.usenet@gmx.de> wrote:

> >> Yes, but to make this policy os do something else is IMO not possible.
> >> Especially, if we have to consider, that ant should behave 'normaly',
> >> when used to develop java apps in, for example, eclipse.
> >How do you define normally?
>
> Just as it is now.

so the status quo, with ant having what we agreed upon to be some very badly
designed code, barely working with free tols, is to be considered normal?

What will happen when someone on the ant developer team sees the light and
refactors their javadoc task to use delegation as well, will you change your
definiton of normal accordingly, or will the improved ant somehow violate the
'normality of now'? ;)

> >If Ant can only work correctly with non-free programs or VMs then it
> >isn't really useful for main is it?
>
> IMO, it isn't fit for main yet: the javadoc task won't work if kaffe
> doesn't link a bin/javadoc into java.home. Thats at least how I read
> the code. Stefan, have you tried that?

kaffe doesn't come with a real javadoc tool yet. I'll merge in gjdoc for kaffe
1.1.2.

cheers,
dalibor topic