Re: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath

Hallo Ben,

* Ben Burton wrote:
>> -> provides alternatives for java-nio, java-net and java-nio-net
>Wouldn't this mean that if a JVM provides k packages of the form java.*,
>then it must provide 2^k different virtual packages?  This could easily
>be of the order of thousands of virtual packages to be provided by a
>rich-featured JVM.

statistics or math is two terms gone, but I think we can assume, that
this aproach is not possible, whether this is 2^k or k!

I think the only way is to have '100% Sun compatible <version>' and
others, where others have to be checked, whether the packges runs with
that VM. Everything else will get messy like hell.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."