GTK - no more hangings

Dear list members,

my last post contained a question about instability using the GTK version, and
a similar question was posted by Michel Marti on 03/08/03.
I fixed the problem using "dpkg-reconfigure locales": I set the default system
locale to en_US.UTF-8 and added the UTF-8 type of any other locale I'm using,
and now each Java application runs perfectly, including the reading of
ResourceBundles, the typing/storing/parsing of special characters like the
German umlaut's or the French grave signs (which was impossible before).
Additionally, Eclipse works much faster and doesn't hang anymore.

To Takashi Okamoto: Please trash my last post immediately...

--
Florian Steinsiepe
florian@steinsiepe.ch