Re: RFS for lib-dom-java package

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:29:27 +0100
Nicolas Duboc <nicolas@duboc.net> wrote:

>   I'm looking for a sponsor for the lib-dom-java package I'm adopting.
> This package provides the W3C DOM Level1 Java bindings.
[...]
>   This is my first work on a Java package for Debian and I'm planning
> to work on other Java packages. I have applied to the NM process in
> July and have nearly finished the T&S step.
>
>   Source and binary packages are available at this location :
>      http://www.duboc.net/nicolas/debian/packages/

I'd be glad to sponsor your package.

I got one remark. I see lib-dom-java 'Depends' libdom1-java, that's
correct but not enough. You have to make libdom1-java 'Provides,
Conflicts and Replaces' lib-dom-java.

,----[ Debian Policy ]
| 7.5.2 Replacing whole packages, forcing their removal
|
| Secondly, Replaces allows the packaging system to resolve which package
| should be removed when there is a conflict - see Conflicting binary
| packages - Conflicts, Section 7.3. This usage only takes effect when the
| two packages do conflict, so that the two usages of this field do not
| interfere with each other.
|
| In this situation, the package declared as being replaced can be a
| virtual package, so for example, all mail transport agents (MTAs) would
| have the following fields in their control files:
|
|      Provides: mail-transport-agent
|      Conflicts: mail-transport-agent
|      Replaces: mail-transport-agent
|
| ensuring that only one MTA can be installed at any one time.
`----

Feel free to contact me in private (and in french if you prefer).

Also, your key has expired.

$ gpg --fingerprint 0xF801A743

pub  1024D/F801A743 2002-10-01 Nicolas Duboc <nicolas@duboc.net>
     Key fingerprint = C0D3 F2F0 0CAC 142A 4623  9110 1009 52B5 F801 A743
sub  1024g/B8213C2B 2002-10-01 [expires: 2003-10-01]

Best regards,

--
  .''`. Arnaud Vandyck
 : :' : http://people.debian.org/~avdyk/