Re: Apache mod_jk

Mariano García <mariano.garcia@optivamedia.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am installing tomcat with apache on Debian (testing). Looking for
> information I have found that I need mod-jk apache module, and I have
> found some references about libapache-mod-jk debian package.

Rather than using the mod-jk module, I've been using
ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse to pass traffic back and forth.  My config
looks like this in the virtual server:

ProxyPass        /puburl/ http://locahost:8080/tomcaturl/
ProxyPassReverse /puburl/ http://localhost:8080/tomcaturl/

Seems to do the trick for me.  The biggest drawback is that to
determine the remote host (or IP) you have to look at the headers
added by the proxy rather than using the java API.

--
-rupa