Re: ITP hibernate, hsqldb, xdoclet

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:18:19 -0700
1000 packages in /java/ !

Over 1000 packages in a modified testing, perhaps 50 java packages built to local conventions in a separate repository. With that many packages you tend to use custom scripts heavily.

Why not send ITP's to wnpp at the BTS?

First, I don't know what most of the acronyms are, just ITP. Second, I really have no interest in getting involved in the Debian project directly. Not only do I not have the patience for endless flame wars over trivial matters, I believe that the policies for general packages are a poor match for Java packages in general and the needs of Java-based server developers in particular. Maybe the new policy I've seen mentioned addresses this....

If I can quickly backport a number of my packages so they're available to others, great. If somebody needs to adopt them, fine. But I don't have the time to bother dotting i's and crossing t's for people who don't understand that there's a huge difference between, say, writing and deploying a X/Motif or Gnome application and doing the same with a apache/tomcat/struts/hibernate/et al framework.