Re: ITP hibernate, hsqldb, xdoclet

Two of the packages are up at http://coyotesong.com/java/. It's not set up to support apt-get yet - ironically I have a local repository with over 1000 recompiled packages ('testing' recompiled against the static libc and perl packages), but the tools to maintain that monster don't port well to support a handful of packages!

The java packages are:

libhibernate-java:  /usr/share/java/hibernate2.jar & documentation

hsqldb: /usr/share/java/hsqldb.jar, documentation, and scripts to run the database as a service. I haven't rewritten the stock scripts to follow Debian standards yet -- I'm not even sure it's practical since the scripts must specify the directory containing the database files (in CSV format), jdbc username and password, etc. Since this package can be run as a standalone database server I've dropped the libxxx-java wrapper for the package name.

I've run into some problems recompiling libxdoclet-java, so I don't have a time frame for it.

Anyway, since my packages haven't been redistributed I haven't been worried about using the Sun packages when convenient. These have been compiled with Blackdown JDK 1.3, instead of Sun JDK 1.4, but I don't know how to force it to use gjdoc instead of javadoc, etc.

Bear