Re: JAVA_HOME and ant

--- Jan Schulz <jasc.usenet@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hallo Dalibor,
>
> Ok, I'm also good at philosophical nitpicking :)

Great! :)

> * Dalibor Topic wrote:
> >> Just as it is now.
> >so the status quo, with ant having what we agreed upon to be some very badly
> >designed code, barely working with free tols, is to be considered normal?
>
> If you tell me, that this code will change within this year, then I
> will happily wait until that has happen. If not, I think that this
> proposal could easily be addpated to a 'new reality', which would look
> much like the bits about 'build.compiler'.

I think the code in question (javadoc task) is going to be rewritten to use a
delegation model soon anyway, as there is some demand to be able to run
different javadocs with it. See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=106276172400587&w=2 . I can try to
make a push for a more flexible ant javadoc task, if that would help.

> >> IMO, it isn't fit for main yet: the javadoc task won't work if kaffe
> >> doesn't link a bin/javadoc into java.home. Thats at least how I read
> >> the code. Stefan, have you tried that?
> >kaffe doesn't come with a real javadoc tool yet. I'll merge in gjdoc
> >for kaffe 1.1.2.
>
> Thanks for doing that!

Not done yet, I hope to be able to tackle it over the weekend. But thanks for
the encouragement :)

cheers,
dalibor topic