Re: JAVA_HOME and ant (was: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath)

Hallo Ben,

* Ben Burton wrote:
>> >Then why push for $JAVA_HOME, which suffers from the same problem?
>> Because I think there are a lot of programs, which rely on the
>> 'java.home' property to be set. Here is for example the result on
>> going thru the ant tasks. ant is IMO one of the important packages,
>> which should be made working out of the box.
>Okay, so the reason for adding $JAVA_HOME is purely for the sake of ant.
>(This is not an argument for or against, I just wanted to be clear on
>the reason.)

In this case: yes. It's not so much JAVA_HOME, but the property
'java.home', and the structure behind this property, on which ant
relies.

I've modified my Proposal to fit this need.

The reason, why I left $JAVA_HOME in there is, so that it is mentioned
in the doc of a app, which uses it. I will make the same requirement
for CLASSPATH.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net