Re: Gcj version of Jar

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 08:57, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> --- David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know that the GCJ version of Jar is?  If not is there an open
> > source version of Jar somewhere.  Its close to zip of course, but just
> > not quite close enough, and the options are more like those from tar.
>
> gcj comes with a jar tool written in C or C++ called fastjar. Kaffe comes
> with a jar tool written in java called, well, jar.

Well that was news to me, so I looked on my system (which has gcj
installed - its an unstable system) and no fastjar.  So I looked it up on
the debian packages page and found it why.  It is packaged on its own
for debian and does not come with gcj.  So now I have it installed and
can proceed.

Thanks

David