Re: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath

Hallo Ross,

* Ross Burton wrote:
>On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 21:35, Jan Schulz wrote:
>> Jan, never much bothered about lizensing...
>Note that Sun *do* care about licensing, and are willing to approach
>anyone who breaches their terms.
>Thus anyone doing open-source Java work has to be very careful.

I've gatheres so much after reading a bit about the background of SWT
(or IBM JVM) and why it isn't activly promoted and developed for a
broader audiance (SWT is basicly 'only what eclipse needs', nothing
more).

Anyway, I'm quite biased, as until now I was only a 'consumer', and
this and other 'unfree' lizenses never happend to limit what I wanted
to do.

I might need a bit debian-legal reading to get into a different /the
right mind for Debian :)

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net