Re: kaffe-1.1.1 package available for tests

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:13:57 -0700
Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:

> Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>
> >>A phone call may be worthwhile.
> >
> > Is it a joke?! :-|
>
> Why should it be a joke?  If you want to contact someone
> and are having trouble contacting them by email, but
> you have a phone number for their place of business, then
> a phone is a very practical tool.

Yes, it's a joke! ;)

OK, well,  I think kaffe-1.1 may  be important in  Debian java evolution
but  I  also  understand that  the  participation  in  Debian is  not  a
full-time job! I do not think no  one here would like to receive a phone
call at work, from someone who  is even not a Debian Developer, to hear:
"Would you like some help to package kaffe?"

I really love Debian but I'm not  sure how I react if someone call me at
work... or we discussed that by email! ;)

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:16:01 -0400
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@chvatal.cbbrowne.com> wrote:

[...]
> Not at all.  If Ean's hard to  get to, then it is hardly outrageous to
> use more "synchronous"  methods.  I'm planning to head  to Dallas in a
> couple weeks; it wouldn't be appallingly strange to actually drop in.
>
> If you're from Europe, the  cost/scheduling of a phone call might seem
> high; I wouldn't mind dropping a  couple dollars on "hold music" if it
> takes a little time to get through, and _I'm_ not actually in the same
> country as Ean.

It's not a problem, I can spend more than 2Euro to give a phone call for
the Debian project! ;)

> If a $2 phone  call were to get things flowing, that  would be $2 VERY
> well  spent.   I   presently  don't  use  Java  on   Debian,  but  I'm
> sufficiently "publicly minded" that I'd  not mind at all being the one
> to spend it.

Maybe you've also  notice I'm not so confortable with  english, I do not
want to be rude or misunderstood. In  my first mail, I asked that no one
does a  NMU. I'd  like Ean to  have a look  at it  and that HE  does the
upload.

I do want to help, no hi-jack package or offense developers!

Cheers,

-- Arnaud