Re: kaffe-1.1.1 package available for tests

time would be better spent persuading the FSF and ASF to get together on their
licenses and make either the GPL ASL compatible or the other way round. who
kknows, maybe you won't waste the time and they get their ideals/egos out of
the way and work out a compromise.

I'm not following this stuff actively, but I found this (http://www.mail-archive.com/license-discuss@opensource.org/msg06171.html):

"The Apache license as it currently stands is not compatible with the GPL,
we recognize this; whether it's compatible with the LGPL depends on what
one's definition is of interfaces and derivative works.  We're looking at
a second rev of the Apache license that will be GPL compatible (and thus
also LGPL compatible).  No promises."

So it seems there is the will to correct that.

(BTW it seems ASL is confusing, if you are indeed refering to the Apache License, as I got from the reference to ASF. Yes, I know, so many licenses...)

Daniel