Re: Getting a Java package in the distribution?

Hallo!

* Stefan Gybas <sgybas@provective.de> wrote:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-all/jftp/
> This package can't be in main, since the source code is not included (at
> least not extracted). Even if it was correctly included and used to
> build the JAR,

Does it need to be extracted? The problem with java source packages
are usually, that they are not a least conform with the format which
dpkg-source likes, so almost ever java package I've seen (including my
own...) has a 'uncompress-stamp' in debian/rules and justs puts the
upstream file somwhere and and build a orig.tar.gz by hand.

Jan