Re: uploading mpkg-j2sdk

* Hubert Schmid <hubert.schmid@stud.uka.de> wrote:
>  - the 'blackdown way': four packages are created from the binary Java2
>    SDK:
>  - or build different packages from the Java2 RE and the Java2 SDK binary
>    archives, i.e:

As you have already downloaded the archiv, I wouldn't mind this:
If its a JDK, just 'Provides: JRE, examples, etc' (all with version
info)and put everything into a single package (who will download
the JDK just to get a JRE?)

If the bin is a JRE, just name the package JRE<version> and let it
provide just the JRE thingies.

This is just a script which should be used to get the java thingies
installed and other packages happy. Not to make a package, which
is build from source, or which should be included in debian...

And it would be nice, if one could install all JDKs next to each
other. I just installed the 1.4.2 beta bin with your script and it
updates the blackdown 1.4 beta99 Packages, but I have now a 1.4-bd
package installed as well (done from the bin with you skript)...

Anyway, thanks for this really nice package/Script!

Jan