Re: uploading mpkg-j2sdk

> > * Hubert Schmid <h.schmid@gmx.de> wrote:
> [mpkg-j2sdk]
> >
> > Would you mind also providing 'j2re1.(4|3)' and would it be possible
> > to extend your script to JREs as well?
>
> I am currently not sure about this. There are two possibilities:
>
>  - the 'blackdown way': four packages are created from the binary
>  Java2 SDK:
<snip>
>  - or build different packages from the Java2 RE and the Java2 SDK
>  binary
<snip>

I definitly like the blackdown way better, because it leads to smaller
repositories and an easier upgrade from j2re to j2sdk

I don't deserve the credits for it, but you may benefit from the
installer script I use to build the blackdown packages:
http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian/ (j2se1.4-i386_1.4.1-5.tar.gz)

I really appreciate your effort, thanks (and good luck with your
thesis),

--
Joris