Re: mozilla and java plugin, debian unstable

> > very unofficial packages are available from
> > deb http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./
> > (the url may change in the near future)
>
> Thank you very, very much for your effort!
you're welcome :-)

> Did you ever try to contact the Blackdown folks? I don't see any
> reason why they should not upload your packages to their
> mirrors. Their current "official" package for sid is both broken and
> beta. So it would be for the better of everyone if they accepted your
> contribution.
I have been in contact with Juergen from blackdown, but at that stage
the debs weren't near finished. I will contact him soon, now that they
are useful (though not compliant)
what holds me from applying as an "official" maintainer is the fact that
my free time is not evenly distributed, and not predictable either.
besides, I don't understand half of the debian/rules file yet ;-)

> If they don't respond to you, you might get back to debian-java and
> call subscribers to second you. If the blackdown folks get a pile of
> Emails asking them to upload your deb to their mirrors, they might
> listen.
don't mind nagging them, I've always had my emails answered fast and
friendly :-)

> BTW: You might want to fix a nasty little bug in
> /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/JavaPluginControlPanel: line 113 goes:
fixed :-) thanks for pointing that out

thanks for the support,

--
Joris