Re: mozilla and java plugin, debian unstable

Joris <jopa@myrealbox.com> writes:

[...]

> > The gcc 3.2 compiled jre/jdk is only available as tar.gz AFAIK.
> > Debs are still in the works...
>
> very unofficial packages are available from
> deb http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./
> (the url may change in the near future)

Thank you very, very much for your effort!

Did you ever try to contact the Blackdown folks? I don't see any
reason why they should not upload your packages to their
mirrors. Their current "official" package for sid is both broken and
beta. So it would be for the better of everyone if they accepted your
contribution.

The current situation is a source of frequent complaints and even bug
reports filed against packages that are completely innocent
of this desaster. (cf. http://bugs.debian.org/galeon )

If they don't respond to you, you might get back to debian-java and
call subscribers to second you. If the blackdown folks get a pile of
Emails asking them to upload your deb to their mirrors, they might
listen.

Thanks,

Johannes

BTW: You might want to fix a nasty little bug in
/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/JavaPluginControlPanel: line 113 goes:
ls=`/usr/bin/ls -ld "${PRG}"`

which you might want to correct to /bin/ls
ls=`/bin/ls -ld "${PRG}"`
(or just leave the path out completely)

--
~/.signature under construction