What Java specific tools are available for making Debian packages?

Hi all,

this one is for the Debian GNU/Linux Java FAQ:

I want to make a list of Java specific tools that make compiling/processing
Java programs, writing Java programs, and building Debian packages easier...
(that is, those outside the java,javac,javadoc range...)

There is for example, the set of Makefile.am macro´s for compiling Java
sources, and the new (experimental) tool for checking dependencies.
And of course Ant... but if you know of other tools that can help build Debian
Java packages, and write Java software for the Debian GNU/Linux platform,
please let me know, so that I can add it to the FAQ.

BTW, I *will* browse the src packages of all java packages mentioned in the
FAQ, but hints/tips/experiences are much appreciated...

kind regards,

Egon Willighagen