Re: Blackdown java plugin does not work with newest mozilla

> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
> [/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so: undefined
> symbol:
> GetGlobalServiceManager__16nsServiceManagerPP17nsIServiceManager]
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
> [/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so: undefined
> symbol:
> GetGlobalServiceManager__16nsServiceManagerPP17nsIServiceManager]
>
> Has anybody an idea?
>
> I hope this is the right place to ask. If not, please tell me so.
> Before I posted, I had a look at all documentation of the relevant
> packages in /usr/share/doc, at the Debian BTS, at some Debian mailing
> lists, and the mozilla plugin doc website. Except for the bug above, I
> did not find anything related to this. Who is experiencing a similar
> behaviour?
>

> best regards,
>     Zeno
>
> PS:
> please cc to me, as I am not subscribed to this list.
>
> PPS:
> interesting package versions:
> ii  flashplugin-no 6.0.79-1       Macromedia Flash plugin installer
> ii  j2re1.4        1.4.0.99beta-1 Blackdown Java(TM) 2 Runtime
> Environment, St
> ii  j2sdk1.4       1.4.0.99beta-1 Blackdown Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard
> Edition
> ii  j2se-common    1.1            Common facilities for all Java2
> Standard Edi
> ii  mozilla-browse 1.3-4          Mozilla Web Browser - core and browser
> ii  mozilla-psm    1.3-4          Mozilla Web Browser - Personal
> Security Mana
> ii  mozilla-xft    1.3-4          Mozilla Web Browser - Xft support
> files

I've had a similar problem and the solution is simple, when you go to any
blackdown.org mirror and you go to the JDK-1.4.1/i386 subdirectory (also
counts for sparc), you see two subdirectorys one called beta and one called
01, unlike you would suspect 01 is more recent than beta, (ls -l) and the 01
distribution does not have this error.

hth
Elie De Brauwer

- --