Re: I can't install eclipse

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 23:46, Jan Schulz wrote:
> BTW, can anybody give a nice URL/short explanations, how to make
> diffs against the files in debian subdir? I would like to submit a
> bugreport with patches for this (and some other things I found) and
> a short look at "man diff" scared me off a bit...

Don't have a URL, but this will do:

diff -u <old-file> <new-file>

*or*

diff -u <old-dir> <new-dir>

Both spit their output to STDOUT, so you might want to do a redirect...

Thus:

1. cp -R debian/ debian-old/
2. make your modifications in the debian/ dir
3. check you changes by building the package
4. diff -u debian-old debian > patch.diff

greetings,

Egon