Re: Strange error after upgrading to 1.4.1

On 2003.03.28 03:44 Markus Blaurock wrote:
> > system preferences get stored in /etc. You probably don't have
write
       ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

> That's a strange place to put the user's preferences. Is there any
way
> to override that to drop the preferences file(s) into the user's

It's not the users preferences, its the system preferences. There is
one
.java directory for each of them.

> directory? BTW, as I said in my previous email, the 1.4JDK is
creating
> the .java directory in my home directory. Is it also creating a
world
> one in /etc?

yes, see above.

BTW: My home directory is on NFS and i have no problems with
preferences :)

That was apparently it. I've run the JDK once as root and it created the /etc/j2se/1.4 directory with all files. Thanks for the pointers, mates. :)

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@databasix.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>