java 1.4.1 on woody

Hi there,

I was wondering, does anyone have plans to package the Blackdown Java
1.4.1 for Woody?  I have downloaded the self-extracting binaries for
the sdk and re and got them both working without trouble. I would much
prefer to be using debianised versions of them though that i can keep
track of properly and have things installed in sensible places.

I'm currently stuck in the situation of needing to put Java 1.4.1,
Tomcat 4.1, Ant 1.5, xalan 2.4 and goodness knows what else onto a
production server that has to be Woody based so any suggestions of how
to go about this would also be very useful. Ant and xalan in sarge
are in the interesting situation of having build dependencies on each
other so i have no idea how to build them for woody...

Thanks for any help,

Stephen Quinney

Unix Systems Programmer
Oxford University Computing Services