tomcat4 in sid?

Hi all.  Can anyone help with a Tomcat problem?

Just upgraded from sarge to sid, and am having a problem upgrading tomcat4.
One of the dependences for the tomcat4 deb is:

j2sdk1.4|java2-compiler (NOT AVAILABLE)

Since this package doesn't exist, obviously the install won't work.

This all seemed to be working fine in sarge, since there's a
"java-virtual-machine-dummy" dependency on tomcat4 there, and that let me
install my own JVM (Sun's JDK1.4) separately.

Any idea how this situation gets resolved?  I can stick with the tomcat that
got installed with sarge if need be, but I'd prefer to upgrade.

BTW, feel free to RTFM me, or point me to a thread in the archive, since I
just joined this list.

Thanks,

DR