Re: Debianized Eclipse 2.1M5

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Takashi Okamoto wrote:

> From: "Thomas J. Zeeman" <tjzeeman@cs.vu.nl>
> Subject: Re: Debianized Eclipse 2.1M5
> Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:57:41 +0100 (CET)
> > There's another problem as well, those dirs are only available for
> > installation by root. A workaround is to install it in your private
> > workspace.
>
> It looks good. It seems I should modify eclipse code for it:(

Yup. As someone else already mentioned, eclipse is very single-user pc
minded. :(

> > Just tried that and it seems to work; there're a few
> > nuissances with this option, but no showstoppers.
>
> Pardon, what does 'nuissances' mean? I can't find such a word in my
> dictionary.

Oops, typo. And from here on I made a few more 'mistakes' as well; so much
for doing three things at once in multiple languages...

What I wanted to say was that the workaround for installing plugins
creates a nuisance. By adding just one dir to look for privately installed
plugins I got four entries under "current configuration" in the "install
configuration" view.
Since people won't need this functionality that much I think it's a
bearable ui-bug. No need to put it high on the todo-list; maybe note it in
the readme.

> > The first is that every time I start eclipse it seems to want me to
> > "please wait... completing install". My private install only did this
> > on first install so this may have to do with permissions as well.
>
> I don't know how I can resolve it now. Wait until I find cause or
> resolve it by yourself.

For this one I was just wondering if I was the only one to notice this.
I'll look into it once I have a bit more time; my final project should
be finished in one or two months time so I'll probably have some spare
time for coding again :).

Sorry for the confusing mail and thanx for the great work on this
difficult package.

regards,
Thomas
--

	Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are,
	without regard to place or person; my country is the world,