Re: request feedback on JBOSS debs

Your jboss debs for 3.0.2-2 deployed without problems on my
debian sid system.  Good work!

But a couple of comments:

 + Does it really need to depend on your jdk1.4 package?
   Jboss can run on 1.3 and most debian users will have already
   installed jdk - having an extra 40MB download is a bit of a
   hurdle for most.

 + The setting of JAVA_HOME should be done by an auto search and/or
   a debconf dialog.

 + The default webcontainer for jboss is Jetty, but you don't appear
   to allow just the default deployment - as it depends on tomcat.
   Tomcat is an optional extra and really should be presented that
   way.   Alternately you should have a jboss-jetty deb that is
   the default webcontainer for jboss, which may be replaced by
   jboss-tomcat.

 + I see you have taken the approach of just including all the jars
   that jboss uses in the lib directories as if you had installed
   jboss normally.  I can see the logic of this (simplicity) but
   in reality it really should use the jars from /usr/share/java
   is that your eventual intent?

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins<gregw@mortbay.com>             Phone/fax: +44 7092063462