Re: general maintainer questions

From: "David H. Askew" <dhaskew@arches.uga.edu>
Subject: general maintainer questions
Date: 28 Feb 2002 00:44:30 +0000

> 1.  I've checked many mailing lists (jedit lists too) and there doesn't
> seem to be any official or unofficial jedit packages that exist or are
> in the works already... am I wrong?

I couldn't found jEdit deb with google. Perhaps jedit package doesn't
exist. I think it a good idea to build the package of jEdit.

> 2.  I realize that jEdit is a program that is designed to run on a JVM
> that is not considered FREE by normal Debian standards... but would
> Debian provide the infastructure neccessary to maintain and distribute
> the package seing as how jEdit relies on non-free, non-packaged
> software?

jEdit is distributed under GPL but depend on non-free JVM. So it can
go to contrib section.

> 3.  What is the status of officially including a Java 2 sdk in the
> distribution?

I don't know detail but Blackdown JDK deb was rejected by legal reason.

regards,

Takashi Okamoto