Re: Woody with J2SDK 1.4.1 and German Umlauts

On Thursday 31 October 2002 18:41, Peter Wilm wrote:
> Hi,
> I have problems displaying German Umlauts with Swing of the
> Original Sun - J2SDK 1.4.1_01 (self-extracting file). (They are
> replaced by rectangles)
> I am using Woody.
> I suppose that there must be a font - package, which I have to
> install, but google was no help this time...
> Has anyone solved this issue?

I do have the same problem, but obviously not all people are affected by
this, see my earlier post[1] about this issue. I never had a problem with
Java 1.4, so it should not have anything to do with missing fonts, or if so,
then only in that the new jkd is somehow misconfigured in that regard.

cheers,
Yven

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2002/debian-java-200210/msg00039.html

--