Re: blackdown jdk and current sid libc6 (2.3.x)

I'm curious as to what the long term solution to this problem is.

Does libc need patching to make j2sdk1.3 work again?

Does j2sdk1.3 need fixing and recompiling? Is this a job for Blackdown or the Debian packager?

I downgraded to libc 2.2.5 (from testing) but at least 6 other packages in unstable require a later version then the testing version. So I don't feel happy using the downgraded libc for long.

Dave

Hein Meling wrote:
Well, since you say that you cannot upgrade to 1.4.1 your only choice
seems to be to downgrade your libc to version 2.2.5.  Alternatively,
maybe you could adhere to the new interface in java.sql.Connection?

- Hein