Tomcat NoClassDefFoundError

Hi,

I'm running a Debian testing box with the j2sdk1.3 deb and the tomcat4
deb installed.

Whenever an uncaught exception is thrown in my JSPs I get a
ServletException with a displayed root cause of:

 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jasper/runtime/JspException

Now if I'm reading this correctly, it seems to be trying to wrap it up
in a JspException but does not find the JspException's class file. How
can that be? This class is in jasper-common.jar, in the correct
directory. I double checked that.

What do I have to do to make it find this class? Or am I completely
off track here?

Thanks for your help
Calle
--
Carl-Eric Menzel * OpenPGP KeyID 808F4A8E * Encrypted Messages Preferred
| "You laugh at me because I'm different. I'm laughing at you because  |