free ant | naming issues

[Please CC me - I'm not on the list]
Hi,
  I'm working at creating early packages for the Java-Gnome project.

1) Does anyone know of any apache ant clone in main. Or, is there any
chance of ant being moved to main in the near future.
If not, I will probably start work on a perl script to implement the
core features of ant. If anyone wants to help with this, please get in
touch.

2) I would like to verify naming issues.
The project is called Java-Gnome. They create three libraries - gtk,
gnome and glade. There was one other gtk binding project for gnome, but
AFAIK, this is no longer maintained (only supports gnome 1).

My proposed package names:
libgtk0.8-java
libgnome0.8-java
libglade0.8-java
libgtk-0.8-java-doc   { includes api docs and
libgnome0.8-java-doc  { example applications

The 0.8 refers to the Java-Gnome version (the bindings are for gtk/gnome
version 2). The Java-gnome project aim is to become a framework for
creating gtk and gnome apps in java. This is not the same as creating
simple gtk/gnome bindings, as it will not implement useless methods and
will make many changes for simplification and to make a more 'java-like'
api.

Please let me know if you have any better suggestions for the package
names.

[Please CC me - I'm not on the list at the moment]

| Mark Howard               cam.ac.uk   mh344@ |
| http://www.tildemh.com    tildemh.com    mh@ |