Re: Tomcat4 + Apache

Dieter Schicker wrote:

I installed "libapache-mod-webapp" in order to "connect" Apache(1.3.26)
and Tomcat(4.0.3) on a Debian Woody box. These are my entries in
"httpd.conf":

libapache-mod-webapp is not Jakarta's mod_webapp but a different implementation for Lisp-based web applications. It seems to use the same WARP protocol, so you might be able to use it with Tomcat but the directives for httpd.conf are different. I have never tried this, though.

You could either use mod_jk (libapache-mod-jk) to connect Tomcat 3.3/4.0 with Apache 1.3 or mod_webapp (libapache2-mod-webapp, currently stuck in Incoming) to connect Tomcat 4.1 (also in Incoming) with Apache 2.0.

Greetings,
Stefan Gybas