From: Malcolm Robbins [mailto:mrobbins@paradise.net.nz]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 1:54 AM
To: debian-java@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Best way to install JDK 1.4 on woody?

I',m a newby to Debian and I've tried installing JDK1.4.  I got the .bin
file and executed it.  This all unpacked fine but when I fire up java I get
the following error:

Error: failed /root/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory.  Can anyone tell me what this means and how I overcome this
error?

--malcolm

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender
by email if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its content to any other person and any such actions may be
unlawful.  Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
WR Hambrecht + Co (WRH+Co) does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented
messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell
securities, via email.

WRH+Co reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this email address. Messages sent to or from this email
address may be stored on the WRH+Co email system.