Which JSP Engine

Hi list,

I am not sure if this is off topic for the lsit, I'm sure if it is someone will let me know :).

I have had a request from one of our clients for JSP support on our web server.

What I am wanting to do is have JSP supported on our web server in the same waythat .php scripts are supported by the PHP module, or in other words clients can upload .jsp scripts in to there web directories and they are automatically run through a module to generate the html that the client sees.

I have been looking in to the different JSP solutions that are already packaged for Debian as well as some that aren't.

Can anyone offer me some advice on what is a good JSP engine to use in terms of stability, speed, and no huge server overheads to have the thing running.

So far I ahve looked at

* GNUJSP
* Tomcat
*Jetty

So far Tomcat looks the best because of the use of the mod-jk package it will support jsp transparently with our apache web server.

So if someone could offer me some info on what is the best JSP engine to use, even if it's not one on my list yet, and if there is a reason that I should run our JSP stuff on another port instead of through apache then that feedback would also be most welcome.

Thanks for your time.