Re: Java Policy.

> >     If the Java code depends on code written in a "native" language
> >     (eg, via JNI), the compiled .class files should be delivered in
> >     an "Architecture: all" package that depends on an
> >     architecture-specific package containing the compiled native
> >     code.
> Looks like that .class files should depend on a virtual package provided by
> an architecture-specific one instead of depending on that arch-dependent
> package directly, otherwise you will have to have different packages
> feauturing the same .class files.

I don't understand what you mean, but that may be because I'm not
very familiar with building Debian packages.  I'm suggesting that
you have a source package foo that builds an arch-independent
package libfoo-java, and an arch-dependent package libfoo-jni-java.
libfoo-java depends on libfoo-jni-java (with the same version,
perhaps).

What goes wrong here?

(In any case, I think a virtual package is a non-starter because you
cannot do versioned provides, and I expect there will be a tight
coupling between

Andrew