Re: deb for netbeans

I don't think the problem is the speed rather the ram problem... It run fine in my Celeon 400
but I 1G of ram. It run ok.
And I really don't think any Java IDE out there is much or even possible faster then Netbeans
Eclipse from IBM is in C that may clear your too slow* problem.
Good luck.
Alex

Nicos Panayides wrote:

After the whole discussion whether the package can be packaged or not
let me say this. Even if it is packaged most people will not use it
simply because it is so damn slow. I try almost every Forte/Netbeans
release it comes out hoping that it can run at a decent speed on my
p3/500. So far it is so slow it is irritating. JBuilder is faster but
still it doesnt run fast enough to make it comfortable. Any suggestions
on a Java IDE? I want something more powerful than an editor
(auto-completion, ant and cvs integration, jsp and j2ee facilities would
be nice also). Free or not-free (license) is not an issue since I'll be
using it mainly for school projects.