Re: Tomcat4 manager application

Bill Wohler wrote:

  Does one need "special privileges" just to run a JSP? Out of the box,
  Tomcat did not run JSPs at all. If I remember correctly, there was a
  permission problem writing the compiled servlets to /var/cache/tomcat4
  that went away after I disabled the security manager.

Yes, you need special privileges to compile JSP pages but the Tomcat
classes that do this job should have these priviliges in the default
configuration. If this does not work for you please submit a bug report
with the complete stack trace from the exception and your exact JVM version.

--
Stefan Gybas